This privacy statement (“statement”) is issued in accordance with Neueda’s obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018 and aims to inform you clearly and unambiguously about what job applicant data (“personal data”) Neueda will gather about you, why Neueda gathers such information and for what lawful purpose, how we will use your personal data as part of the application process (collectively known as “data processing”) and your legal rights in relation to this data processing. This statement will be revised as and when legislative updates in relation to GDPR are issued or when Neueda changes its recruitment processes. For the purposes of managing privacy of all This statement applies to applicants seeking permanent employment with Neueda, as well as self-employed individuals seeking contract work as a Neueda associate.
Why your personal data is collected
As an employer, Neueda has a legitimate interest in collecting and storing personal data relating to applicants in order to carry out a fair and efficient recruitment and selection process, for both the organisation and the applicants applying for vacancies within the organisation.
Processing your personal data is necessary to manage job applications through the Neueda Recruitment Platform (the “Platform”) and your rights and freedoms are fairly balanced against our need to attract, retain, hire and promote talented employees to drive the success of our business.
Processing your personal data is also necessary to comply with our legal requirements in relation to fair employment, and employment legislation in the UK, Spain or any other jurisdiction.
Some applications may ask you to identify your community background (in the case of Northern Irish based vacancies) for purposes of providing equal employment opportunities, as stipulated under the Fair Employment and Treatment (Northern Ireland) Order 1998. You may choose not to submit this information without any detriment to your application. For all EU users, data about your religious background is considered a special category of personal data under Article 9 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"). Please remember, you should not include this kind of data in any CV you upload to the Platform or submit it in any other scenarios, except where we specifically prompt you to provide such information such as described above.
Use of your personal data
We use your personal data for the following specific purposes:
- to manage any application you make for employment at Neueda as part of our recruitment process;
- to provide you with personalised content, services offered by Neueda as well as promotional careers content and services (for example, Neueda uses your previous search (e.g. the jobs you click on), or your CV or Profile information, to determine relevant search results and provide you with recommended jobs or reach out to you about jobs you may be interested in;
- to customise and improve the features, performance, and support of the Neueda Recruitment portal;
- to transmit your application and save your application materials;
- to share your saved Profile or CV with internal stakeholders;
- to analyse use of the Neueda Recruitment portal and improve the platform;
- to create aggregate and statistical data on vacancy engagement (e.g. responses to advertised roles, number of applicants etc.);
- for other purposes that you separately authorise as you interact with Neueda.
How we will obtain this information
During the recruitment cycle and prior to employment, most of the information we obtain will be gathered from you directly. This is where you register to use Neueda’s online application portal, and when you apply to be assessed for employment. Information that is usually collected, includes, but is not limited to: -
- Your full name, address and contact details (including telephone number and email address)
- The type of employment sought, desired salary, willingness to relocate or job preferences
- Your consent and preferences in relation to job alerts and other recruitment related marketing
- Information you present in your application (either solicited or unsolicited): -
- Details of your education, including schools attended, qualifications obtained
- Details of your past employment, including position held, duties carried out
- Details of your skills and competencies
- Details of interests, hobbies and other personal experience to support the application
- Monitoring information, specifically, your gender and community background (for roles in Northern Ireland only)
- Details of any adjustments that may be required during the application process to support applicants with disabilities
- Complete details of the interview and assessment process, including scoring at assessment stages, interview notes and interview panel observations
- Details of referees along with information obtained from referees provided*
- Criminal record checks and/or sanctions screening (where required)
- Information relating to your right to work in the UK, including passport information, photographic ID (or other identification) along with any information relating to Visas or residency permits.
*It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to us.
Unsolicited personal data
Neueda will not request information as part of the recruitment process that is not required in order to assess your suitability for a vacancy or to administer the recruitment process.
As part of the recruitment process, Neueda receive non-standard CV’s directly from applicants to demonstrate their suitability for positions that are advertised. Neueda is not responsible for the information that is submitted via CV and will hold CVs submitted directly, in full. Neueda will not use unsolicited personal data that is not relevant for the recruitment process, e.g. marital status, date of birth, nationality etc. where these are included in a candidate CV. Neueda would ask all candidates to refer to the company Equal Opportunities Statement as detailed in the job vacancy for further information and guidance in relation to fair employment.
Who has access to your personal data
Only selected staff members at Neueda will have access to secure and encrypted systems that will store applicant personal data. These individuals will be, in some way, involved in the recruitment process, and or the administration of the systems on which the personal data is stored. Examples of individuals who may have access to all or some of your personal data include: -
- The People Team, who are responsible for administering and coordinating the recruitment process, carrying out pre-employment checks such as references, and issuing offers of employment along with contracts of employment.
- The IT department, or Neueda’s external IT provider, who is responsible for maintaining all systems in which company data, including your personal data, may be stored.
- Recruitment coordinators, including any internal recruitment agents which Neueda employ to attract and put forward candidates for positions within the company.
- Managers who are advertising vacancies, including but not limited to those who will be responsible for managing the successful applicant(s).
- Managers or staff members who are involved in the assessment process, including application shortlisting, technical or competency related assessment and interviews (either face to face, telephone or video conference).
Where possible and practical, Neueda will limit the amount of personal data available individuals who are involved in the recruitment process, for example, the omission of personal contact data during the selection stages, or limiting access to interview records to individuals other than assessment managers or the People Team.
Sharing of personal data
Personal data will not be shared to entities outside Neueda unless we are legally required to do so or in order to conduct pre-employment checks. One such requirement is the submission of anonymised collated monitoring data of all applicants on an annual and triennial basis to the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland as required under Northern Irish employment and equality law.
Details of your application to Neueda will also be shared with references nominated by you to confirm previous employment, education or work related skills.
Where Neueda is required to conduct criminal record checks and or sanctions screenings (where applying for positions related to the financial sector) we will provide you will all necessary information in relation to the administration of these checks.
Data retention periods
Data relating to your application for employment will be kept on our system in order to provide you with a seamless application experience for your present application or future applications with Neueda. Information we will retain may include: -
- Your name and contact details
- Roles or vacancies that you may be interested in
- Your CV (if you choose to upload this)
- The type of employment sought, desired salary, willingness to relocate or job preferences
This information may be retained for a period of 12 months from your last application or 12 months from the date of your last login; should you choose to continue to use the recruitment platform.
Information in relation to active applications, such as interview records, candidate scoring and reserve candidate lists will be retained for a period of 12 months from the application closing date.
Information relating to the community background and gender of applicants both successful and unsuccessful, will be retained for a period of 3 years, in order to comply with requirements under the Fair Employment and Treatment (Northern Ireland) Order 1998.
Under GDPR your have a range of rights in respect of your personal data that you may exercise at anytime. Should you be unsure of what action to take, please contact Neueda’s data protection officer.
- You have the right to refuse to be contacted in relation to job opportunities at Neueda and must opt in to receive this material. You may manage your preferences at any time by going to the “My Alters” section of the Neueda Recruitment platform.
- You have the right to refuse to provide Neueda with any personal data, however it may render your application for employment null and void.
- You have the right to request to obtain a copy of your data on request by contacting email@example.com, however we encourage all applicants to maintain their personal information on the Neueda Recruitment portal.
- You have the right to correct any personal data submitted to us, if you believe it to be incorrect, and may do so at any time by logging into the Neueda Recruitment portal or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to permanently delete your personal data and may do so by contacting email@example.com
Please note that once an application has been submitted for the purposed of a specific job vacancy, it cannot be amended or revised until the selection process has ended.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask you for reasons for your objections and this right will apply to the same extend if we are processing the data in accordance with a legal obligation. Where you object to our processing your personal data mid-application where such data is necessary to assess your suitability for a vacancy, this may render your application void and Neueda in such cases Neueda will consider this application as withdrawn. Neueda will not consider your application as withdrawn without consulting with you on the basis of your objection.
Notification of Changes to Privacy Statement
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, you will be notified by e-mail. Please check back frequently to view any updates or for any queries in relation to this privacy statement please contact email@example.com or write to:
- DPO – Neueda Limited, 20c Weavers Court , Linfield Road, Belfast, BT12 5GH
Last Updated: 4 July 2018