PRINCIPAL JAVA DEVELOPER
Job Type: Permanent
In support of our expanding global customer base and ambitious growth plans we are looking to strengthen our technical capability within the organisation. Neueda is looking for a Principal Java engineer with enthusiasm for big data technologies.The successful candidate will join a team delivering exciting software solutions using Java, Hadoop, Spark, Machine Learning and more.
As a Principal Java Developer you will:
- Design and develop Java solutions to meet customer requirements and produce high quality, scalable code
- Work collaboratively within a team to instil high coding standards especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Supervise team members in technical design and drive projects through to completion ensuring that end solution meets development and deployment best practices
- Work with our customers and teams to prioritize work, to include prioritisation of new development, maintenance and continuous improvement of the solution
- Drive Innovation with teams and the wider organisation and investigate potential adoptions of new technologies
As a Principal Java Developer you will need:
- 10+ years Java experience
- Experience in planning complex large scale solutions across multiple technology groups, teams/user groups
- Experience in the following: Apache Spark, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Linux
- Ability to work with a client to define requirements, lead design and estimation of complex systems with multiple stakeholders
- Well accustomed with all phases of software development; from requirements gathering and design through to build, deployment and support
- Experience in taking the role of a technical leader, helping train, mentor and motivate team members by setting examples of development excellence.
- The ability to operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from agile, a team of one, to a team of many
- Proficient use of source control tools e.g. git
- Experience using build tools, e.g. Maven, Gradle, Ant
- Experience with common open-source frameworks and libraries, e.g. Spring, JUnit
- Experience working with multi-threaded applications
- Be an organised individual who can adhere to deadlines and can manage own workload
- Genuine passion for software development and are an active contributing member on open source projects
You will stand out if:
- You have experience coding to high performance and low latency requirements
- You are familiar with messaging protocols e.g. TCP, FIX, XML, JMS
- You have experience in the use of scripting languages, e.g. Python or Bash
- You have experience in Capital Markets industry
What can Neueda offer you?
- An opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a focus on our values high performance culture, and workplace you can be proud to be a part of
- A competitive basic salary and package of benefits and perks, with opportunities for professional development, training and travel
- Be part of a team which values creativity, ambition and ownership
- Be part of our success and be part of something special
Who we are
Neueda is an award-winning, trusted partner to local and international organisations in the public sector, private sector and capital markets. We deliver digital solutions to enable our customers to transform and improve the way they do business. In return, our people can expect a fun, friendly and dynamic environment with challenging projects and access to the latest thinking and technologies to help push the boundaries. We work very hard to ensure our roles aren’t just jobs – Neueda is where our people choose to be, where their voice is valued, where they grow personally and professionally and where they can reach their full potential.
Be Part of Something Special
As a company, what makes us truly unique are our values and behaviours – our culture of shared values and beliefs, and our ‘personality’. Our ‘people’ are those whose values aligns with our own. Developing and investing in our people, keeping them happy and motivated, is key to our success. Our people want to add value and feel part of something special and we pride ourselves on hiring the best talent and developing a high-performance high-trust culture that everyone is proud to be part of.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and can satisfy the criteria please express your interest by clicking the apply button or for more information please contact Aaron Somers on 028 9099 2881